In 2016 the European Commission approved and adopted a new framework for European data protection law called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR requirements will become effective on May 25, 2018 and will affect all companies who process personal data of individuals in the EU.
Here at Agree Design we embrace the changes being brought in by this new regulation and see it as an opportunity to further improve how we communicate with you, use and share your data and fundamentally, how we place your privacy, security and rights at the forefront of everything that we do.
We have taken measures to ensure our compliance with the GDPR.
GDPR preparedness checklist
We have been working hard over the recent months to ensure compliance with the GDPR. Below is a high-level overview of the key activities we have performed:
- Assess our product and business to determine areas impacted by GDPR;
- Conduct an internal audit to ensure that all third parties and suppliers used by Agree Design are GDPR compliant;
- Perform necessary changes to the platform (incl. easier to access communication preference controls, explicit acceptance of Terms and Privacy Policies);
- Update our Terms & Conditions;
- Create a dedicated page to document our GDPR activities and compliance;
- Communicate our compliance with our customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is my data being used?
We are continually auditing the third-party services that we use, in order to ensure that we are only making use of services that add value to Agree Design, the product and its customers.
Can you delete my data or answer any other questions about my data?
Please contact us if you’d like to exercise your rights under GDPR. You can request to have your data deleted as well as request further information on how your data is being used – amongst other things.
Where does Agree Design store its data?
Our server infrastructure is hosted in highly secure data centers in the United States, Canada or in other jurisdictions. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via our Support Chat or Contact Form.